If you wish to come to the Life Enrichment Center as a client, please consider the following options:
We offer these services on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays:
- Breakfast is available for everyone from 9 to 9:45 a.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- You can also register to receive one bag of groceries per household per week. To receive this grocery bag you:
- MUST be in the Center by 10 a.m. and remain in the Center until 10:40 a.m. on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
- and register on your first visit with a picture identification and proof of address.
- You can attend classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 10 a.m. and 10:40 a.m. This is a great thing to do while you wait for your weekly bag of groceries. You may attend any class of your choice.
- Some of our class options are: Fitness Center, Jobs Class, Resources & Referrals, Bible Study, Nutrition Class, and Computer Lab.
- The GED Prep Class is for adults and is held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Registration is open throughout the class session. Winter weather closings for GED only follow Dayton Public Schools. Class breaks over the summer. Details here.
- English as a second language (ESL) classes are held Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on the third floor of the Life Enrichment Center.
Download the class calendar:
Health and Wellness
- Private showers are available for men on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Available for women by arrangement as requested.
- Haircuts are available at our licensed salon on Wednesday morning. Check schedule, walk-ins sometimes available.
- Limited clothing available for adults.
Quotes from LEC Clients:
“Life changes occur slowly for me. My financial situation is basically the same during this decade of life, but the Life Enrichment Center has always enriched my life as a major contributor to me physically, informatively and also socially, a melting pot of flavors.”
“Life Enrichment Center to me is a place where if a rich man is having a bad day, he can come to the LEC and they won’t say, ‘What’s that rich man doing here?’ They welcome everyone. I love it here!”
“I have been coming to the LEC for a long time. I like the variety of classes that are available and all the friendly smiling faces.”
“I come to LEC because it’s a great and fun center. The crew is nice to get along with and they have many good programs to help people out. I bring a few people here from time to time for them to get certain help they might need. Hooray for the Life Enrichment Center!”
“I’m new to the Life Enrichment Center. I come here to use the fitness equipment to help with my Fibroneuralgia. I meet lots of great people and the food is wonderful. Next week I’m going to try the computer class because I’ve been told it’s a great class for someone with limited computer skills.