FOA Families of Addicts is a grass-roots recovery support initiative founded in Dayton, Ohio working to reduce the stigma of addiction, ensure availability of adequate treatment/recovery support services and to influence public opinion and policy regarding the value of recovery. This vision has now expanded to other counties and states including Colorado.
WE hold weekly support meetings where families and individuals affected by addiction can come for support, friendship and education. The sharing of our experiences, strength and hope offer a pathway to peace.
FOA welcomes those seeking recovery and those in long-term recovery to attend, as they can help us and we can help them, no matter where they are in the journey. All are welcome to attend with an attitude of willingness, open-mindedness and honesty.
FOA Foundation is currently a self-supporting non-profit organization started by people, for the people of Dayton, Ohio, with a vision and mission for the future. This vision has now expanded to other states including Colorado.
The purpose of FOA Foundation is:
• Reduce the stigma of addiction
• Ensure availability of adequate treatment and recovery support services
• Influence public opinion regarding the value of recovery
• Become a member of the Association of Recovery Community Organizations
• Open a premier peer-to-peer recovery community center in the Dayton, Ohio area; adding more locations over time
• Continue to provide weekly support meetings in various towns and cities
• Training and education opportunities for recovery ambassadors
Find FOA on Facebook