Call now to schedule free tax assistance

The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is once again available at the Life Enrichment Center.


Appointments for those in need of assistance with their income taxes are being scheduled now.

This program is provided by volunteers and is FREE.

Free appointments are now being scheduled for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. for those who meet the criteria (generally income below $54,000/yr or those with disabilities). Appointments will be available through April 12. To schedule an appointment, call the Life Enrichment Center at (937)252.5700 and ask for Ruby at ext. 3238. If you reach voicemail, be sure to leave a clear name and callback number so that someone can call you back.



  • last approximately 1 hour
  • available session times will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
  • last appointment day will be April 12, 2018
  • Call (937) 252-5700 ext. 3238 to make an appointment. You may need to leave a clear voicemail message with your name and a working return phone number.
  • Appointments may also be scheduled in person at the Center on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Important information about the VITA program from the IRS:

The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.

What to Bring to Your VITA appointment:

  • Proof of identification (photo ID)
  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents 
  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
  • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
  • Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable

Categories News & Events, Upcoming Events, Updates | Tags: | Posted on January 24, 2018

Social Networks: RSS Facebook Twitter Google

Comments are closed.