Dear Supporting Partners,
We are pleased to share that the Life Enrichment Center has re-opened most services for our clients. However due to the impacts of COVID-19, our volunteer base has changed. We ask that you please share the volunteer openings below to those in your organization that may be willing to help us transform the lives of our clients, both physically and spiritually. The role descriptions and preferred days/times are listed however we will work with volunteers to accommodate their interests and abilities.
- Clothing Room Attendant – receives, sorts, and arranges slightly used donated clothing items. Volunteer will assist clients with clothing selection and track the number of clients served as needed. Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday 9:00-10:30am
- Phone Receptionist – answer phones, take messages, and direct calls to the appropriate area. Minimum 2hr shift available Monday – Friday from 8am-4pm
- Fitness Room Attendant – help clients properly use equipment, assist with workout programs, maintain and clean equipment. Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday 9:30-11:00am
- Resources and Referrals – assist in connecting Life Enrichment Center clients with available resources and services in the Dayton area. Tuesday and Wednesday 9:00-10:30am
- Bike Mechanic – assemble new bikes and repair/restore donated and used bikes. Volunteer would also restock inventory and assist with Bike Shoppe programs. Experience preferred and hours flexible. Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday 11am – 4pm
- Barber or Hairstylist – cut hair for our male and female clients. Must be licensed or recently graduated from school pursuing license. Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday 9:30am-12:00pm
- Program Assistant – assist the Program Director in coordinating programs, events, phone calls, data entry, and other tasks assigned. Tuesday or Thursday 9:30am-12:00pm
- Greeter – greet guests as they enter the building ensuring they sign-in and have a mask. Answer questions about Life Enrichment Center or other non-profits housed within the facility. Follow pre-determined procedures to direct guests to locations in the building.
Variable times Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:00pm (2hr + shifts preferred)
At the present time, all volunteers will be asked to wear a mask while working in the building. If you are interested in volunteering in any of these capacities, please complete the volunteer interest form on our website at https://www.daytonlec.org/volunteer/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support!
Life Enrichment Center Volunteer Coordinator