Kick-off to Celebrate 20 Years
by Shayna Thomas
September 16, 2021 was the Kick-off to our 20th Anniversary. Can you believe next year we will celebrate 20 years of service and being God’s hands and feet in East Dayton?
Without our many volunteers, community partners, donors, staff, and friends the past 20 years could not have been possible. For that, we truly “thank you” for your support over the years.
Here are some highlights from the past 20 years:
- We moved to the Findlay Street location 12 years ago and expanded services
- Partnering with Toward Independence and having their clients here brightens our day
- Opening the Findlay Street Café
- We remodeled our chapel area and upgraded our technology the last couple of years
- Our community garden has 50 raised beds
- We installed accessible doors and bathrooms throughout the building
- We offer showers five days a week
- Our staff has grown from 2-10
- In the last 2 years, we’ve graduated over 40 “Getting Ahead” participants
- We’ve also expanded our programs to include “Growth Coaches” to walk alongside our clients in order to get the support they need
- This summer, we even added a basketball court
A Look Beyond
As we look forward to the next 20 years and the plan God has for the Life Enrichment Center, we already have some other items in motion. We would like to expand our choice pantry to include additional household items like small appliances, tools, and bedding. We will also continue updating our outdoor space to better meet the needs of our clients and partner agencies. Soon, we will reintroduce our in-house catering services to host small meetings for local businesses and non-profits at a discounted rate.
With your support, we can continue to grow our services and help those in East Dayton transform their lives. Be the “one” today and donate below.